Summit Technologies is looking for a Senior VMWARE Engineer with significant experience delivering across enterprise and middle market customers.
This role will be part of a highly technical engineering team responsible for architecting and delivering solutions. This role will be a unique blend of hands on delivery, solutions design and architecture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize.
- Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using NSX, vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine “backups” and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Providing support for server hardware failures and assist remotely with hardware replacement.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of CSL projects.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience as a senior VMware, Hyper Converged, hybrid cloud infrastructure
- 2-3 years NSX Design, Deploy, Install, Configure, Manage & operations support experience
- Minimum 5 years Server, storage, database, network & security fundamental knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in micro segmentation & micros service applications environments
- Minimum 2 years’ experience implementing global security related projects
- Provide expertise in engineering secure networking technical solutions for the USCB within a Virtualized environment using VMWare NSX.
- Requires expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server software, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix Presentation Server, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory, Redhat Linux, SharePoint, IIS and/or other industry standard server platform services
- Requires advanced understanding of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls and network protocols and services, including WAN/Frame Relay/MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Python and Bash scripting
- Good understanding on project and program management
- Strong communication and technical skills, prior experience of leading teams and working on a highly process driven environment
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in please feel free to submit your contact information and resume below or reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding the position. We look forward to hearing from you!