Summit Technology Group is looking for a Cloud Engineer to be responsible for maintaining cloud computing systems. You will assess systems to identify potential weaknesses or problems. You will determine when something isn’t working as well as expected and then take steps to correct the problem. You will upgrade software and hardware systems in order to ensure optimal performance and prevent system issues. You may be directly involved in recovering data that’s been lost or compromised when there’s a problem with the cloud computing system. Your responsibilities will require you to have a split focus. While your objective is to continue the development and improvement of existing systems so that they aren’t compromised and so that they work as effectively as possible, you must have documented plans in place for how to deal with emergencies and problems with the systems.
As cloud engineering involves not just maintaining servers, but working with serverless applications in the cloud, some coding and development may be needed.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our build and AWS deployment environments including scaling, provisioning, monitoring, and automation.
- Working in tandem with cloud architects and engineers to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our customers.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with applicable security guidelines and best practices.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based solutions, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot issues before they snowball into larger problems.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Introduce innovative ideas and technologies so that we can stay on the cutting edge.
- Assist with production support issues when they arise.
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders.
- Associates degree or 2 years of experience in IT
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS or Azure
- At least 2 years of experience with Jenkins or Drone
- At least 2 years of experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- At least 1 year of experience writing Python, Go, Ruby, or Java
- 1+ year of experience providing enterprise Linux-based systems administration
- 1+ year of experience with Terraform or Cloud Formation, Docker, Nginx, and Github
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in please feel free to submit your contact information and resume below or reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding the position. We look forward to hearing from you!